It’s our choice
Do you consciously choose your attitude each day? If you’re like most people, probably not. Most of us tend to let our circumstances choose our attitude for us.
We’re in a good mood as long as we get up on time. We feel best when the kids cooperate and get to school on time. We are happy when the car starts without a problem. Even if we don’t encounter any traffic jams on the way to work.
Good mood when the boss doesn’t yell and our workload is manageable. This system can work fine as long as everything runs smoothly in our lives.
But that’s not always the case, is it?
Situations don’t always adhere to our expectations. Accidents happen. Delays happen. Spouses and bosses can be difficult to please. Vehicles break down. Kids may resist our efforts to keep the schedule running smoothly.
What happens to our attitude then? If we don’t make the effort to consciously choose a positive attitude, we run the risk of developing a negative one at random.
For starters, how would our lives change if we consciously chose a positive attitude each day?
- Feel much happier about our lives.
- Feel more motivated about pursuing our dreams because we believe in the possibilities for making them a reality.
- Be able to enjoy the time spent with our friends and families more.
- Want to share our joy with others.
- Feel strong and empowered in our ability to do anything we set our minds to.
- Be able to overcome challenges with ease because we’d have a strong belief in our own skills and abilities.
- Be able to love deeply and completely without fear of rejection or betrayal.
- We would pause to enjoy the smaller, more precious moments in life, without feeling pressured to do more, be more, or prove our worthiness.
Wow, it sounds awesome, doesn’t it?
Is it really possible to feel that way all the time? Yes, but probably not in the way you’re imagining it. Just because we choose a positive attitude doesn’t mean that our lives will transform into smoothly-flowing works of art and stay that way forever.